Friday, November 27, 2009

What does the future hold?

So, one thing that always seemed to give me hope when I was 100% active in the church was the hope of finding a girl to have a family with then hopefully getting over my "SGA". Luckily, that never happened, because I am learning it is not that simple.

One of my friends said something to the effect of, you are only coming out so you are not alone.

The scary thing is that by coming out, I feel like in some ways, I have even more potential to be alone.

I just wish I was dating, or even could go on a real date. I wish that I was in a place where I could meet people in more natural settings. I am pretty sure I will be in Salt Lake for at least the next 5-8 years, so hopefully in that time I will find someone great.

I just don't know what the future will hold?

1 comment:

El Genio said...

I was talking with a straight friend from college the other day and telling him how I just couldn't stand the church's idea of a life filled with loneliness and despair. The reality is my standards may make it difficult or impossible to ever find that special someone. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. At least we have time on our side.