Monday, November 9, 2009

Funny Apartment Post: You, me, and us?

I found this a while back, and still laugh...REAL AD FROM CRAIGSLIST.



25 year old LDS Male looking for someone to take my roommates place. 1 Bedroom apartment. Bedroom has a bunkbed in it. Fully furnished with the exception of you will need a dressor and possibly a twin mattress.
$275.00 is the monthly rent. It includes electricity, water, heat/ac etc. Cable and internet is about $30.00.

Me: 25 year old white active LDS guy. No Drugs. No Smoking, No Drinking. I keep LDS standards. I work and go to school. I have a car. Temple worthy.

You: Be under 30. Be active LDS. Keep LDS standards. Be easy to get along with. Need to want to be a friend to your roommate. I like being close to who I live with. Preferred to be temple worthy so we can go to temple together.

Us: We need to get along. We should be able to hangout and be able to have each others friends over to the place. I am far away from home so I do not have a lot of friends here or anyone to be close to. I like to sit on the couch and cuddle with a guy friend with my arm around him. This is not gay, I think its brotherly. You must be willing to do it. I also do not mind giving back rubs etc. I think that is brotherly too. I also am not personal, if you happen to be in the bedroom and I need to change clothes well I will change in front of you.
Any questions? email me :)

9 comments:

David Baker-@DB389 said...

At least he was honest. Wow, 300/month I would jump on that! I pay 3 times that... :(

Abelard Enigma said...

I like to sit on the couch and cuddle with a guy friend with my arm around him ... I also do not mind giving back rubs etc. ... I will change in front of you.

maybe we should change from MoHo to MoBro

Rob said...

I have long noted with curiosity that LDS culture perpetuates certain things in ostensibly straight and chaste relationships among men which non-LDS straight guys might be startled by. This post captures quite a few of them. How many leaders have you seen cross their legs knee over knee during church in what many guys consider "feminine" fashion? How many of us have read of Spencer Kimball kissing other guys on the cheek when he was president of the church? How many of us have while serving missions heard countless admonishments to love our companions and tell them so, to love the guy we spend every waking moment with, shared a bathroom with, showered with?

Yet the LDS Church is at the same time one of the most homophobic organizations on the planet. No wonder LDS gay boys are conflicted.

Jill said...

Wow, that's romantic

Unknown said...

He's not gay. He just deals with SGA.

Unknown said...

HAHAHA... Ill put in an application!

Original Mohomie said...

That's FABulous! I gotta be honest, though, I'd never consider living with such a dude. Too weird to be actually requiring cuddling. I wonder if it's written into a contract: "Lessee agrees to at minimum two cuddle sessions per week. Cuddle session is defined as minimally head-to-shoulder contact but up to and including full-body spooning..."

Rob said...

Move in, then invite him to Scott & Sarah's next party. We might see our first spontaneous live coming out.

A Gay Mormon Boy said...

Hmmm...
This sounds like someone I know... and it's definitely not one of my brothers. Eww...
Are there brothers that actually cuddle and such?