Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gay Friendships

One thing I have never been amazing at is meeting new people. Most of my friends I know from work, one or two from school, and any others from the miracle that these people reached out in a big way to me.


So now I am doing the gay thing, I want gay friends. I love my straight friends, but just want even one or two gay friends I could go and hang out with or talk to on the phone to relate to.


I don't feel comfortable in groups of strangers, so I ask myself, how am I going to ever meet some gay friends.


Maybe there are people out there who look at me as their gay friend. Maybe I am just blind to it all.


Oh well, at least I have cool blogs to read, and great online support, plus my straight friends.

3 comments:

Sean said...

I find myself in the same difficult place of finding gay friends to associate with, or even dates for that matter. A couple friends here and there but they are so busy with their own gay lives associating with their own circle of gay friends I feel like I'm on the outside looking in.

Joey said...

Hey Chris -

I feel your pain. It is hard to find those friendships, especially when you are in certain locations of the world.

Know that I will be here if you need to chat. You've got a friend in me! (Now I am going to be singing that song in my head for a while.)

Take Care!

darkdrearywilderness said...

Keep coming to the moho parties...some people there can be kind of clique-ish, but there are alot of nice people there too. I've met a couple of people that I consider close friends. And I'm glad to have met you!