Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween...Reclaiming what is mine

So, when I was a kid, Halloween was my absolute favorite holiday. I loved to be free to let loose and be pretend to be someone I'm not for a day. Over the years, things change, and I became so weird about Halloween. I never felt like I could find a costume that would be okay, and when I would dress up I was so self conscious. 

Now, I feel like I am really on the right track in my life, because I am wearing the most ridiculous costume ever, but it is what I want to be, and I am having so much fun with it.

The last few weeks have been rough, but the night is always darkest before the dawn. When I am doing what I am supposed to do, things get really crazy, almost like there is an adversary trying to prevent me from grasping happiness. In the end though, happiness is waiting.

Well, it may seem small, but the fact I like Halloween this year is huge, so Happy Halloween to everyone. I hope it is good for us all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well wait.... What are you for Halloween this year?