Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coming out to my mom?

Not yet.

I am an only child, and had lots of time with my mom in California over the last week. I tried to pave the way to tell her. Here are bits of our conversation:

me: Hey mom, I have started seeing a therapist again.

mom: (long pause then) don't the flowers look good I planted?

me: (sigh) yeah mom, great

next day

me: I am really starting to find my path, I am looking forward to things changing.

mom: (another long pause) what should we do for dinner?


Well, I guess sometimes I forget that me and my mom are not real close, but at least I have good friends. Thanks to all the good people on here.

4 comments:

David Baker-@DB389 said...

Your post reminded me about this song from Bare called "See me" here is a link to the song although the quality isn't the best, the lyrics seem familiar.

Chris said...

David,

That is exactly how I felt :)

Thanks for that

Robert said...

I'm so sorry man. I know what it is to want to be open with family. I suppose all one can do is give it time and hope. Yeah? Sorry man. It's definitely a good thing that we can find help from one another on line. :)

Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.