Friday, October 9, 2009

Therapy Session 1:

I hear for most people the first few sessions of therapy are mostly bland with no major progress. For me the hour went quickly by establishing who I am and where I come from. It is very clear I am one troubled individual :)

So at the very end he asked me "if you could wake up tomorrow and have things exactly how you would want them, how would that look, feel, and be"?

This was the question that gave me the most anxiety for the following reasons:

If I am allowed to wake up to anything, that means, I wake up to the man of my dreams. The hard part about that is how exactly do I feel about that.

Do I really believe that will happen?

If it did happen what about church?

Am I good enough for that to happen?

All the crazy thoughts about it, but a good question I look forward to finding the answers to.

1 comment:

Bravone said...

Chris, kudos to seeking help with through therapy. I hope it helps you to feel more comfortable in your own skin and establish a sense of direction.