Thursday, September 24, 2009

when a butterfly flaps its wings

I have often thought about this idea in a much larger context than my life.


I saw a picture of a butterfly today and really wondered what the flapping of my wings might mean to my future and that of those around me.

So far it had meant real happiness in my life. I finally took a position that was really just about me. It is less work, away from the people I would seek approval from in the past, in an area that will allow for personal time. This is huge for me considering that the first word most people would use to describe me would be a workaholic.

People around me have told me that my coming out to them increased their conversations about the subject and they have become larger advocates to the cause now having more insight and knowledge.

Through the blogging world, I see people that in months go from being closeted to being leaders of a group longing for help and direction.

What will be the effect of your wings?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog template! Very nice. And, GREAT colors! I love Pyzam... SO many more options than blogger gives. :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I learned, after hours of trial and error, how to get rid of all that extra orange "stuff" that shows up at the top of your template. I can share my knowledge with you, if you want to get rid of it. :)