Wednesday, September 30, 2009

falling back into the closet...NOOOO!!!

Well I have arrived up here in Logan. Everyone I work with is soooo LDS, like the kind that at work will ask you if your active, how your dating life is, and look at you funny when you drink Dr Pepper.

I work with people with disabilities and many of my clients even give me the tough questions..."Do you do your home teaching", and, "when we go volunteer at the Bishop's Storehouse, you will need to know your new ward and stake info".

I feel like I have no friends here at all, which is partly relaxing, but just makes it hard to be the real me in person. My "best friend" here is my Admin Assistant, a young married girl that I don't even know her last name.

I am really afraid that all the work of coming out will be wasted if I don't continue. I ask myself now will people accept me for who I am knowing I am gay upfront. Most people in my life had known me for a long period of time before I came out. Maybe it is okay that no one knows for now?

4 comments:

Hidden said...

Hey I have friends up in that neck of the woods who are totally cool with me... maybe I could get you in touch with them if you want more connections? Most of them are straight married couples... but they are okay with gay people.

El Genio said...

I'm finding that different time lines work best for different people. Some people in my life need to know sooner than others. Some people already get it without me having to come out and say it point blank. And of course, there are others who I don't know if I will ever trust with that information. If they find out, I'm ok with it, but their past actions don't merit any special inclusion in my life.

Alisha Chase said...

Just be honest with yourself, and you will be able to decide then who should know and when. BUT i see no problem in being who you have worked so hard to become.

Alisha Chase said...

Just be honest with yourself, and you will be able to decide then who should know and when. BUT i see no problem in being who you have worked so hard to become.