Sunday, September 13, 2009

Melt down moment...

So I was thinking about my blog and how when some people started to read it, I stopped writing it solely for me. I intentionally kept it to myself for months. But then started reading other blogs and sharing mine when it was right. From then on I wrote knowing others would be reading it and in some ways wrote more for a reader and less for me. This morning, I felt as though I should just delete it all, but giving it a day to think about, that would be dumb.

From now on I write for me. I do love the idea of people helping me on my journey, but to really benefit from this great community I have to not worry about what people think, and just throw it out there.

One person that didn't know me summarized me from reading my blog as someone who is very confused. My blog is the one place I don't have to have all the answers and I can be uncertain.

In the real world people know me as someone very put together, and at work in my job I can show no weakness, so it feels good to allow myself to lay out my thoughts to real people who I am not accountable to.

Thanks everyone for encouraging me, for trying to understand me, and help me on this crazy journey. Maybe I am still finding me, but how great is the fact I am looking. Now...I get to go back to blogging for me :)

2 comments:

Joey said...

Hey Chris!

I am like you, I decided that I need to write for me.

I know where you are coming from. At work, I am seen as the one who has the answers, has got it all together, etc. If people only knew about my insecurities they would be shocked. Blogging is the place where I too can let it all out.

We are here for you. Keep writing and we will try to give you words of encouragement. You are not alone out there.

Take Care,
JC

Rob said...

I do the same Chris. My blog is where I wrestle with myself in public. It helps to get others' perspectives on things I'm grappling with, and often I am able to resolve them better with that input. So keep writing!