Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So back to blogging

I was so good about blogging (at least in my own head), and then I just stopped. No real reason, but now I think I am back. This blog is to dedicated to helping me find myself. Most of my life I have given to others, but now it's time to figure out who I am, what I want in my life, and where I am going. With this new found glory, I hope to take it and make the world an even better place.

So who am I?

Things I know for sure: I am Chris. I am a 25 year old guy. I am a resident of Utah. I am a convert to the LDS church at age 16. I am someone who doesn't go to church, but loves his beliefs and God. I am someone who is very attracted to guys, but don't feel like I should have to "come out" to the world. I am looking to share my life with. I am someone who loves people and life.

Things I am not sure of: I am surrounded by people who love who they think I am, which differs some from who I really am, which makes feel very alone at times. I am confident about my abilities, but not so much about me as a person, which I want to change. I want to be a part of the world, not just the gay world, or the LDS world, or the social service world, or the party world, but just the world as a whole. I don't fully fit one category, but love people in all categories and I want to learn not to fall into the trap of groups or stereotypes. When people think of me I don't want them to think of the gay guy, or the mormon (which many already do), I want people to think of me.

So why blog?

I'm not sure why people blog, but I have learned when I take time to write my randomness, I also read other blogs and learn so much from them about me.

I would also love for people to send me insight and feedback on my thoughts. I believe there are so many people around us so that we can teach each other. Please teach me.

Well Peace out for now, wish me luck, and good luck to ya'll!

No comments: