Tuesday, May 26, 2009

California Supreme Court Upholds Ban on Same-Sex Marriage

So I have been thinking a lot on the subject. I have never really cared because I am not sure I care if I am "Married". I want a life long relationship with someone I live. Beyond that, it is not super relevant. But here is my beef. People are focusing on how immoral "Gays" are. When in reality California is pretty dang immoral, so is the world. Even here in Utah. So maybe the religious folks should worry less about a population trying to be more moral by telling them monogamous relationships are bad for them and random sex is the same thing in their eyes, I think they should be telling the world, "Let's love each other, value meaningful relationships, and encourage people to be the best they can be".

So here is my Gay Bashing moment. Why in Utah are we having rallies and protest mainly after the fact. If we want our voice to make a difference, let it be heard before the vote in great force. Not after when it is too late. Let us build the case that even as Gay men and Lesbian Women, we are good people that can make a difference in the world. We should have moral teachings and goals in out world, and a country founded on religious freedoms, seeking to take the high road, should encourage that.

Okay , that' my peace.

No comments: