Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Coming out to the wrong people

So my last blog post I meant for just a select audience to read. I normally put it on my facebook as a locked status. I guess this time I forgot. Within a minute or two of posting I get a little IM saying that a woman that is like a mom to me (my church mom, since none of my family is LDS), read it. She talked about not agreeing with my "coming out" but loves me anyway. It wasn't a shock to her because we have talked lightly about the subject.

I tried to fix my facebook status right away, but it does make me wonder who else read it. 

I also came out to two amazing girls at work. This is scary because sometimes it is hard to know who you can trust. I work in Residential Treatment for teens, so we are encouraged to keep our personal lives separate from the kids so they can focus on their treatment instead of having things to attack staff on.

So far this has been a good choice to share with these two people, but I am still overly nervous I think that others will know. 

I hope for the day to come where I am really okay being 100% honest with everyone.

3 comments:

AmbiguouS One said...

Why does she not agree with you coming out? I've had similar experiences where people told me that it was okay for me to have these feelings but not to come out. I've asked them about their reasoning and it's always a bunch of bull crap.

Jenn said...

I think you will find out, that people who really care about you for you, will be around, no matter what you say, what you do, or who you love. Stay strong my friend, you will get there one day.

Alisha Chase said...

Oops? Well i guess thats one way to do it! But i agree, the people who really care will be there no matter what!!!