Friday, February 19, 2010

Why I need a gay family...

Some background...I still have not told my mom I'm gay.

So, I am talking to my mom on the phone today about my uncle's recent death and it hits me...If anything happens to my mom, I have no family left. I lost it a little bit while talking to my mom thinking about no parents, no siblings, close aunts or uncles, grandparents, kids, or a spouse.

When I was stressed my mom expressed that I will have a family of my own and that is where I would find long term happiness. This was the first time my mom has ever said anything about me having a future family.

Maybe that is why I have felt so strong about dating and finding Mr Right. I have the power not only to be happy, but to create a family. This is at the root of everything, my ultimate goal.

Thanks Mom for the encouragement!

5 comments:

MormonRaised said...

I just want to hit a like button. Blogger should get one.

Here's to hoping you find Mr. Right and he has a big family for you to be a part of. I'm sure the family you create together will be great.

Beth said...

I know the day will come that you'll find your Mr. Right and I can't wait for that day for you. Just remember that until then you always have the "family" that you have made for yourself.

I'm so glad your mom mentioned you having a family of your own. I know it's something you've wanted to hear. You're amazing!

Scott said...

I don't doubt that "Mr. Right" is out there (or that there are a number of people who could qualify for the position) and that you'll find him (or he'll find you) one day.

And in the meantime... I think there's a reason gay people refer to each other as "family"--you've got a group of friends who care about you in many of the ways that families do.

darkdrearywilderness said...

Ditto what Scott said...you've got us til you find your Mr. Right!

Jenn said...

Chris...
I know you one day you will find that person out there that you are going to create your family with.
Until that time remember all of your family that is here and now loving you, praying for you, and supporting you.
Hang in there my friend. This too shall pass!!!