Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Feeling so loved

Lately I am feeling so happy for the feeling of love and acceptance in my life. 
I really was thinking about this at a dinner party I went to last week at this really awesome guy's parent's house. It was the first time I went to a MoHo type party and felt really accepted. I heard one individual share his story of coming to terms and choosing a life that was right for him. It was amazing to hear and made my doubts of some recent choices go away. I loved talking to some old friends and new ones and then hanging with a friend afterwards watching a movie. 

I then had a crazy weekend that involved a very close family member passing away. My straight and gay friends have been so supportive through comments, texts, phone calls, and their support. I am even feeling more support than ever from people at work. 

I guess my fear at this point is that I might lose what I have. I work so much. I hate texting and chat which seems to be the way kids these days communicate. Sometimes I just don't have it in me to reply. I love chatting on the phone, but there barely seems time for that when I am working just under 2 full time jobs worth of hours and going to school. Hopefully those close to me will continue to forgive me as I try to do better.

Thanks everyone for the love, and I hope I can do much much better to give it back!


2 comments:

Beth said...

The people that love you will always be in your life because we can see that you are doing your best. Even with so many hours at work and so many great friends in your life you try to make time for everyone.

Relationships might change but you won't lose what you have.

Really, it just makes me happy that you're so happy.

Here's Spammy said...

Ditto to what Beth said!