Sunday, November 29, 2009

'Cause i know where i've been

As I was driving to the MoHo party last night, I drove past the apartment that I spent many evenings at. The apartment of the girl I thought I was going to Marry.

This began a period of reflection as I have looked about how much progress I really have made over the last couple of years. What a nice reflection to the normal frustrations of not always being where or what I want to be.

"There is a road we must travel."

I look at the path that is bringing me happiness. The first couple MoHo parties I went to stressed me out so much because I saw so many happy people and I was so confused still and wasn't sure I would ever be able to truly be me. Last night I had so much fun. I was 100% comfortable, and it was something that I liked.

"There's a promise we have to make"

I think I needed last night so for hope, so promise myself to continue to go forward. I am much of a person that believes we are the creator of our own happiness. Before my mission, I went to a meeting for the mission where I lived. One of the missionaries was in his last day in the field after two years serving. He said, with tears streaming down his face, "This is the best day of my mission." This mission president got up and stopped him, and explained how this Elder lived his mission and his life in this respect, making every day the best day, even in sadness or pain.

The promise I make to go forward is to live my life with hope and make every day the best day. "Worth the risk and the chances we will take."

As Miss Maybell sings in Hairspray,


There's a struggle 

That we have yet to win 
Use that pride 
In our hearts 
To lift us up 
Until tomorrow 

'Cause just to sit still 
Would be a sin 



Oh! When we win, 
I'll give thanks to my god 
'Cause i know where i've been

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46NdewMfHAw

No comments: